Saturday, December 10, 2005

Growing Old or Progressing?? - Executive Banjara

I have observed that an overly common event in most peoples lives, the recent days weeks or even years of life end up being the same. Get in the routine, feel good, get comfortable... Get stuck. And its not even that most people stop maturing in a way that they would even recognize, but more that people disallow themselves the opportunity to change their emotional, societal or even intellectual maturity. In a world where really we have power over so little why do people deny themselves "inner growth" for lack of a better term.

To drive home my point here is something from many of the forwards circulating the internet.

'A veteran school teacher was certain she would get the upcoming promotion to Vice-Principal since she had greater seniority than the other teachers. When the appointment went to a teacher with less experience she was outraged.
"How can you do this to me. I've been teaching school for twenty years" she lamented to the School Board Chairman. With gentle wisdom he responded, "Dear lady, you haven't been teaching twenty years. You've taught one year twenty times." '

I found this a little disturbing, I know it was intended to be humorous but I couldn't help but think how true this is for so many people. We have no control over chronological age, and only minimal control over intellectual and physiological age; however, we can choose our social and emotional age. Learning social skills and developing emotional maturity are choices afforded to every person. And yet so many people choose not to... Why? I really am not sure, perhaps everyone is working so diligently on whatever it is they do and then wonder why they don't get the breaks they should or why life turned out this way and never stop to think of an honest answer because its so much easier to say -well, life is hard- comfort and security are great things and really it works as a life plan! And being reckless and uninhibited and "living life to the fullest" day after day can really be great things as well, very freeing and at the same time can cause the same stunt as the more domesticated life. So I guess there would have to be a balance... Till i finished my college Last Feb i had the life of bieck reckless careless and litreally roaming around the country enjoying every think a biker can. But for last few months I am stuck within the world of office, work, deadlines & Schedule... all this is dragging me to that dreaded ROUTINE... whose vicious circle I always wanted to escape. But at night, Rolling in bed, thought does creeps in my mind, am I actually having a growth or not... I have yet to see it. But I suppose I'm young there is still time!... I am trying to balance the Banjara and the Executive and hope to live a life of Dr. Jekkeyell in time to come... cause whatever happens the Banjara in me would always want to travel...

2 comments:

Freya said...

Ahhh so u are finally starting to feel the ROUTINE...
Welcome...

Anonymous said...

keep on balancing two of them simultaneouly as both are two wheels of life w/o one life cant run smoothly